Wednesday, January 12, 2011

So What Am I

Someone asked me not too long ago if I was a witch. I quickly answered with a "No" because I consider myself a magician. I play with Wiccans, and Druids, regularly, but I am definitely a magician. I can relate to CM. The person had some disparaging remarks about Wicca, that at first, seem to make sense but then I realized later that the person has pretentious hater tendencies. Note to self: Do a little more filtering when I am around that particular person.

Like with everything, the comment began a long process of wondering. I know many ceremonial magicians have a flavor, some are Wiccan flavored, some are Christian flavored, some are Thelema flavored, some are Golden Dawn flavored and I believe there are even Druid flavored ones.


So since I started to think about flavorings, my mind went directly to sweet things to eat. (The low calorie diet is really beginning to test me.) If ceremonial magick were a dessert treat, would I love it and what would the type of dessert treat would it be? Wiccan would definitely be a harvest cake or a carrot cake with yummy sticky frosting. Thelema would be a triple chocolate cake with a cherry on top. The Golden Dawn would definitely be a sundae with three types of ice cream, loaded with syrups, nuts and sprinkles. Druidry would be a oatmeal raisin ice cream sandwich with butter pecan ice cream in the middle. Christian mysticism would be a thick creamy New York style cheesecake with extra strawberries and/or cherries on top.

Would I love these desserts? I answer with a resounding, "YES!!!"

Now I have to go back to reality and eat my carrots, celery sticks and lean white meat for dinner. At least I am not starving like I am in a third world country.

5 comments:

Morgan Drake Eckstein said...

LMAO! Not exactly how I think of Golden Dawn, but still funny. (Rum cake if you are curious.)

PhoenixAngel said...

@Frater Morgan: I can understand your analogy of rum cake: sweet and intoxicating at the same time!!!

HilbertAstronaut said...

i can definitely see Thelema as a Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte (heavy on the Kirsch).

For Christian mysticism: Too many different kinds. When Meister Eckhart says "God is Nothing" then i have a hard time imagining any toppings on that cheesecake ;-)

PhoenixAngel said...

@HilbertAstronaut: I had to look up "Schwarzwaelder Kirschtorte". My eldest sister (16 yrs my senior) used to make a version of it for me when I was a child. She got the recipe from a boyfriend she used to have. Make sense now why she used to say, "he was the best damn boyfriend I ever had!" :)

HilbertAstronaut said...

i had to use the German phrase because i remembered a particularly delicious instance from over there ;-)